Master ISO 15118 — With Online Courses
Welcome to the V2G Clarity Course Hub! Each of these comprehensive courses has been carefully crafted as a step-by-step guide to help you better understand the mechanics and functionality of ISO 15118. The curriculum includes practical, hands-on exercises that will deepen your knowledge and expertise — all while facilitating the correct application of ISO 15118 within your EV charging products.
Thanks to these courses, you’ll be an expert faster than ever before. Guaranteed!
Benefits of V2G Clarity Courses
Join the club of innovators who already use V2G Clarity Courses for creating ISO 15118 solutions:
Daimler, Delta, Fraunhofer ITWM, GM, Honda R&D, Korea Electrotechnical Research Institute, Korean Smart Grid Association, Kostal, Magna Telemotive, TDK Electronics, TÜV Süd China, Twerd, Vestel, Wynnertech, and more
This online course bundle builds upon the course Revolutionize Electric Vehicle Charging. If you want to understand the ins and outs of ISO 15118 and RISE V2G to fully adapt this open-source software to your specific product needs, then this is course is a must-have for you.
- Get a thorough, step-by-step walk through the concepts and mechanics behind the ISO 15118 message exchange between the EV and charging station.
- Learn how to use RISE V2G on your charging controller and how to retrieve and deliver necessary information to-and-from various control units
- Find out how to modify RISE V2G for a DIN SPEC 70121 implementation
- You’ll also learn more about the Combined Charging System (CCS) in general and the Signal Level Attenuation Characterization (SLAC) protocol in particular, which is used to prevent crosstalk phenomena in powerline communication.
- See how V2G Clarity utilizes RISE V2G with the HomePlug GreenPHY-compliant INSYS modem for powerline and SLAC communication at a charging station.
After completing the 22 video tutorial and bonus quizzes, you’ll be able to design and market products with the highest possible interoperability in the industry — leading to higher demand and quicker consumer adoption.
The charging products and stations of today are not 100% digitally secure. That means, malicious third parties can manipulate them and hack into a charging session, thereby manipulating data required for charging the EV and billing the customer. The result? Reduced consumer trust and slower adoption of this forward-thinking industry.
In this course, we’ll explore in an easy-to-understand format the tamper-proof security mechanism that enable the secure and user-convenient Plug & Charge feature of ISO 15118. Without secure communication between EVs and charging stations, malicious third parties can intercept and modify messages.
- Get introduced to the terminology and operating principle of hybrid cryptosystems, digital certificates and signatures, and public-key infrastructures to establish a foundational understanding of the key concepts.
- Recognize the various market roles and types of digital certificates necessary for a secure charging and billing process based on ISO 15118.
- Gain a deepened tactical knowledge through hands-on exercises that use the open-source cryptography library OpenSSL.
This course is your shortcut to understanding the essential mechanisms that make ISO 15118 so secure and reliable, and to adapting them to your product line. You don’t have to be a cryptography expert to join, but you will be one when you’re done.
These 11 video trainings make up the first module of “Data Security and Plug & Charge with ISO 15118”, the world’s most comprehensive course on EV security technology.
This online course builds upon the knowledge established in course The Cryptographic Foundations of Plug & Charge. It focuses on the authentication and authorization process which needs to be carried out before the EV can initiate the power flow and recharge its battery.
- Fully understand how to set up a Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshake in ISO 15118 to encrypt the communication channel between the EV and the charging station.
- Minimize your implementation effort and apply the TLS handshake with RISE V2G (the open-source implementation of ISO 15118) .
- Know how the EV uses a contract certificate — which is linked to a billing account of an e-mobility service provider — to securely authenticate and authorize itself for a charging session on behalf of the driver.
If you’re in the need to implement the security features of Plug & Charge on an EV or charging station, then this course and the course The Cryptographic Foundations of Plug & Charge are the right match for you.
This course makes up the second module of “Data Security and Plug & Charge with ISO 15118“, the world’s most comprehensive course on EV security technology.
This online course builds upon the knowledge established in course The Cryptographic Foundations of Plug & Charge. It covers the second edition of the industry-approved application guide VDE-AR-E 2802-100-1. That application guide defines the backend processes necessary to establish a smoothly running Plug & Charge ecosystem.
- Understand how the various e-mobility market roles, like car manufacturer, e-mobility service provider, and charge point operator, need to collaborate to provision a contract certificate for Plug & Charge to an EV.
- Study the cloud-based system architecture based on which these market roles set up the related processes in their IT systems in order to participate in this ecosystem.
- Learn how charging in a private environment differs from public charging in terms of data security.
If you are involved in the chain of cloud-services that are necessary to create, temporarily store, and provision a contract certificate to an EV, then this course is perfect for you.
This course makes up the third module of “Data Security and Plug & Charge with ISO 15118“, the world’s most comprehensive course on EV security technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact me within 30 days from the date you purchased a course and I will give you a full refund. Your feedback will help me improve future courses and ultimately, help better inform the e-mobility community.
Do you have any additional questions? Use the chat box in the lower right corner to get in touch and find the perfect solution for you.